Well, to make a long story even longer, my lawyer eventually plead me down to a lesser charge with a humongous fine....and "level 1 dui classes". I had a really hard time finding a state approved level 1 dui course to take. After a bunch of searching online, I could not find ANY info on a level 1 dui class.
I then resorted to an old school method of finding information, the phone book. The blue pages contained a drug/alchohol phone number to call for my county, and I was then referred to another office. Over 20 hours of sessions, classes, and AA meetings are in my schedule for the weeks to come. As far as I know my name is still on that NDR / National Drivers Registry list...but I see a light at the end of the tunnel....finally. Although I do not drink any more(haven't for years), I'm sure I can get something out of these courses.