It's the charge that never went away. I was arrested near San Diego CA in Riverside County about 8 years ago. Around 3 years ago I tried to renew my drivers license in NYC, New York...and was denied. My name was entered into the "National Drivers Registry", or NDR. This is a computer database of people's revoked driving priveleges in every state in the country. Obviously, I knew it was going to be a rough road getting my name removed from the National Driver Registry, and boy was I right, doh!
I know it's not the greatest excuse, but I live on the east coast, 3000 miles away from where the incident occured. I am definitely not rich, and have never flown in my entire life. When I talked to a San Diego CA DUI attorney and got a phone consultation 8 years ago, I was told by him that if I never went back to CA, nothing would come back to haunt me. Apparently he was dead wrong, as time would tell.